Learn how to make a movie poster in Adobe Photoshop CC. Join us for a fun and challenging task we created with the help of 200+ viewers on our YouTube Live Stream.
How to Make a Movie Poster
There was nothing planned on this Live Stream, it was completely improvised to show real challenges and struggles in graphic design. We knew from the start that anything can happen and the end result might not be great, but we were hoping for the best.
- Not every design is successful, you have to accept that and don’t let it discourage you to start a new piece.
- Don’t settle for a mediocre artwork. Push your boundaries and keep working.
- The first artwork you create for a graphic design project might not be the best. Explore different ideas and produce at least 3 versions exploring a variety of compositions.
- Don’t start on the computer, start sketching thumbnails first and select the best ideas.
- Find inspiring work by others and collect references. If you have time you can also put together mood boards.
References from the stream on Pinterest:
Do you think you can do better?
It’s time for you test your skills and show us what you can do! You can download the images we used in the stream and the fonts to recreate the same result or to create an alternative version. Be creative and experiment with different compositions, effects, colours, blend modes and elements. When you are ready your final piece on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and tag your work with @yesimadesigner to get a chance to featured on our site and on in our YouTube Live Streams. Good luck and more importantly, have fun! 🙂